Friday, October 16, 2015

I am a Fragile Clay Jar

If you are a regular follower of this blog, then you will notice a bit of a change for the next 8 weeks. I am serving as a table leader for an 8 week Freedom Workshop. If you'd like to follow along, you can find the resources at the link directly above. Also, I will post here, the daily Bible reading assignment (heartwork) so you can read along. This workshop has been a life changer for me so I'm eager to share it with others. May you be blessed!


BIBLE READING HEARTWORK
Week 7 - Day 1
2 Corinthians 4; Psalm 119:89-86

2 Corinthians 4:7
We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.


Thank you, Lord, for using this fragile clay jar to hold this great treasure, the light of your presence. It should be quite obvious that any power I have comes from you and not from me. Anything that is good and decent in me is completely from you.

Lord, please teach me to live and move in that great power which you store in me. I want to be more than just an inert storage vessel. I want to be used daily for your eternal purposes.

Lord, help me to stay clean and empty of the filth of this world and of my sinful nature so that I can be filled to running over with the power of your Holy Spirit.

Thank you for how you have been using me. I admit that it isn't comfortable. It involves an element of suffering, but that allows me to be partners with you in your suffering. Lord, I think that is the first time I've ever really understood what that means! Wow! Thank you, God!! <3<3<3

FREEDOM WORKSHOP VERSES
Genesis 4:7
If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it.
Genesis 4:7

Psalm 51:6
Behold, you desire truth in the innermost being, and in the hidden part you will make me know wisdom.
Psalm 51:6

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:16-18
So don't be misled, my dear brothers and sisters. Whatever is good and perfect is a gift coming down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow. He chose to give birth to us by giving us his true word. And we, out of all creation, became his prized possession.
James 1:16-18


No comments: