Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Teach Me Good Judgment and Knowledge

If you are a regular follower of this blog, then you will notice a bit of a change for the next 8 weeks. I am serving as a table leader for an 8 week Freedom Workshop. If you'd like to follow along, you can find the resources at the link directly above. Also, I will post here, the daily Bible reading assignment (heartwork) so you can read along. This workshop has been a life changer for me so I'm eager to share it with others. May you be blessed!


BIBLE READING HEARTWORK
Week 6 - Day 5
1 Corinthians 4; Psalm 119:65-72

Psalm 119:65-68
You have done many good things for me, LORD,
just as you promised.
I believe in your commands;
now teach me good judgment and knowledge.
I used to wander off until you disciplined me;
but now I closely follow your word.
You are good and only do good;
teach me your decrees.


Lord, you have done so many good things for me that it would take me the rest of my life and more to recount them all. I do believe in your commands, will you please teach me good judgment and knowledge? Lord, I don't just want to know your word, I want to know your heart behind it.

I used to wander off until you disciplined me. Now you are teaching me to closely follow your word and to walk in fellowship with you. I want to know you more! I want to be more aware of your presence with me as I go through my day. 

Lord, sometimes when I'm going to bed, I realize that I haven't even thought about you for hours. It makes me feel like I've let you down in some way. Holy Spirit, would you please remind me of your presence with me even in the middle of all my busyness? Remind me to pray without ceasing, to be talking to you all day no matter what I'm doing. Please show me when I'm having conversations with myself instead of you. And also when I'm listening to any other voice besides yours. In Jesus' name, amen. <3

FREEDOM WORKSHOP VERSES
1 Peter 4:12-13
Dear friends, don't be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. Instead, be very glad - because these trials will make you partners with Christ in his suffering, and afterward you will have the wonderful joy of sharing his glory when it is displayed to all the world.
1 Peter 4:12-13

Romans 6:16
Don't you realize that whatever you choose to obey becomes your master? You can choose sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God and receive his approval.
Romans 6:16

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:12-15 
God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. And remember, when you are being tempted, do not say, "God is tempting me." God is never tempted to do wrong, and he never tempts anyone else. Temptation comes from our own desires which entice us and drag us away. These desires give birth to sinful actions. And when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death.
James 1:12-15

No comments: