Saturday, October 17, 2015

I am Christ's Ambassador

If you are a regular follower of this blog, then you will notice a bit of a change for the next 8 weeks. I am serving as a table leader for an 8 week Freedom Workshop. If you'd like to follow along, you can find the resources at the link directly above. Also, I will post here, the daily Bible reading assignment (heartwork) so you can read along. This workshop has been a life changer for me so I'm eager to share it with others. May you be blessed!


BIBLE READING HEARTWORK
Week 7 - Day 2
2 Corinthians 5; Psalm 119:97-104

2 Corinthians 5:20-21
So we are Christ's ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, "Come back to God!" For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.


Lord, please help me to be a worthy ambassador for you. Help me to be willing to suffer for you because it indeed makes me a partner with you in your suffering. Thank you for giving me a small taste of what that means. It's not something I can put into words. A person has to experience it in order to "get" it.

Christ, thank you for never sinning! And thank you for being the offering for our sin so that we can be made right with God through you!

Please give me divine appointments to share this message of reconciliation with those whose hearts are ripe to receive it. Give me your words to share with them. Help me to remember the verses I have learned so that I can share your words and not my own. In Jesus' name, amen. <3

FREEDOM WORKSHOP VERSES
Genesis 4:7
If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it.
Genesis 4:7

Psalm 51:6
Behold, you desire truth in the innermost being, and in the hidden part you will make me know wisdom.
Psalm 51:6

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:16-18
So don't be misled, my dear brothers and sisters. Whatever is good and perfect is a gift coming down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow. He chose to give birth to us by giving us his true word. And we, out of all creation, became his prized possession.
James 1:16-18

No comments: