Thursday, October 22, 2015

I Can Trust Him!

If you are a regular follower of this blog, then you will notice a bit of a change for the next 8 weeks. I am serving as a table leader for an 8 week Freedom Workshop. If you'd like to follow along, you can find the resources at the link directly above. Also, I will post here, the daily Bible reading assignment (heartwork) so you can read along. This workshop has been a life changer for me so I'm eager to share it with others. May you be blessed!


BIBLE READING HEARTWORK
Week 7 - Day 7
Romans 1; Psalm 119:137-144
Psalm 119:140 & 143-144
Your promises have been thoroughly tested;
that is why I love them so much...
As pressure and stress bear down on me,
I find joy in your commands.
Your laws are always right;
help me to understand them so I may live.


Lord, I'm feeling nervous about starting this part-time job working for my Father-in-law. I've been so used to having so much time to myself for so long now. I'm not liking the idea of loosing all that. I know that is extremely selfish of me. Please forgive me for my selfishness. Help me to trust you in all this. Teach me to be a better manager of my time. I'm going to need to be! I'll be working 2 part-time jobs, one at home and one out of the home. Plus, homeschooling 3 teenagers and training for an 8K, while trying to keep our home from looking like a disaster zone. I guess maybe I've not had as much free time as I think!

But, I've been used to having the freedom to do these things on my own time schedule. It's going to be tough to give that up. But I trust you to do what is best for me and for this family. I know that we do need the extra income this will bring in. Please help my kids to be responsible and learn to step up to the plate and do their part to help.

I'm so glad that I can trust your promises and find joy in your commands! I love you! In Jesus' name, amen. <3

FREEDOM WORKSHOP VERSES
Genesis 4:7
If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it.
Genesis 4:7

Psalm 51:6
Behold, you desire truth in the innermost being, and in the hidden part you will make me know wisdom.
Psalm 51:6

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:16-18
So don't be misled, my dear brothers and sisters. Whatever is good and perfect is a gift coming down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow. He chose to give birth to us by giving us his true word. And we, out of all creation, became his prized possession.
James 1:16-18

No comments: