Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Don't Rebuild Jericho

Joshua 6:26

At that time Joshua invoked this curse: "May the curse of the Lord fall on anyone who tried to rebuild the town of Jericho. At the cost of his firstborn son, he will lay its foundation. At the cost of his youngest son, he will set up its gates."


Thank you, Lord, for speaking so clearly to me! I had no idea what you wanted to say to me from this chapter. So I was searching the footnotes, and looking at the cross-references while asking, "Lord, what to you want to say to me from this??" Then suddenly you spoke to me.

Rebuilding Jericho is the same as turning back to my old life of sin. Going back to any part of that life brings a curse that will not only effect me, but also my children.

Lord, you have freed me from that curse of sin! Help me to live in that victory! The voice of my sinful nature is always trying to get me to go for a roll in the hay with it. Please show me when I am listening to any other voice but yours! I don't want to go back to that old life of sin and death.

I confess that there are times and parts of that old life that make me want to go back. Sometimes it is hard to turn away and choose a life of sacrifice, purity and holiness instead. I don't like dying to myself. Quite honestly, I've been having days when I get tired and feel like I'm always giving up something for other people. 

But, Jesus, you gave up EVERYTHING for me! How can I do any less for you?? When I'm feeling that pity party and wanting to rebel instead of sacrifice, remind me of what you gave for me, please! That can't help but shut my mouth and humble me. Thank you, Jesus!! I love you so much!! In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSE
Joshua 1:8
"Study this book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in everything you do."
Joshua 1:8

Isaiah 45:18-19
"I am the Lord," he says, "and there is no other. I publicly proclaim bold promises. I do not whisper obscurities in some dark corner. I would not have told the people of Israel to seek me if I could not be found. I, the Lord, speak only what is true and declare only what is right."
Isaiah 45:18-19

YEAR VERSE
Psalm 37:3-5
Trust in the LORD and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you your heart's desires.
Commit everything you do to the LORD.
Trust him, and he will help you.
Psalm 37:3-5

No comments: