Wednesday, February 24, 2016

God Uses Whatever it Takes

Judges 4:1-3
After Ehud's death, the Israelites again did evil in the Lord's sight. So the Lord turned them over to King Jabin of Hazor, a Canaanite king. The commander of his army was Sisera, who lived in Harosheth-haggoyim. Sisera, who had 900 iron chariots, ruthlessly oppressed the Israelites for twenty years. Then the people of Israel cried out to the Lord for help.

So as I searched to find what you wanted to say to me from this, Lord, I went to David Guzik's commentary. Then it jumped out at me. He said almost word for word what I was thinking this morning before my quiet time.

As I was driving home from dropping MyHero off at work, I was thinking about the situation with my neighbors and praying for them. I thought about how you will use whatever it takes to get our attention and bring us to yourself. Then I read in David Guzik's commentary, "God can, and will, use anything to get our attention and keep us in line with His will."

Lord, even though it is often painful, I am so glad you do this! Please continue to use whatever it takes to get my attention and the attention of those I love who don't yet know you. Use me to point them to you! Let me keep short accounts with you so I can stay available to be used for your holy purposes.

In Jesus' name, amen. <3

God is: jealous for us
I am: loved by Him
My purpose is: to point others to Him

MEMORY VERSE
Proverbs 15:1
A gentle answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.
Proverbs 15:1

2 Timothy 4:5
But you should keep a clear mind in every situation. Don't be afraid of suffering for the Lord. Work at telling others the Good News, and fully carry out the ministry God has given you.
2 Timothy 4:5

YEAR VERSES
Psalm 37:3-5
Trust in the LORD and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you your heart's desires.
Commit everything you do to the LORD.
Trust him, and he will help you.
Psalm 37:3-5

Psalm 90:17
May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us - yes, establish the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

No comments: