Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Give Me Wisdom!

Joshua 5:1

When all the Amorite kings west of the Jordan and all the Canaanite kings who lived along the Mediterranean coast heard how the Lord had dried up the Jordan River so the people of Israel could cross, they lost heart and were paralyzed with fear because of them.

Picture borrowed from the blog, "Cold Waters to a Thirsty Soul"
I have a feeling that the Amorite and Canaanite kings were counting on the flooded Jordan river to keep the Israelite army on the other side. Typical of us humans, they were probably not taking into account God's power, or they were greatly under estimating it. They were relying on conventional human wisdom.

Lord, please help me to break the habit of relying on human wisdom and forgetting to account for your great power!

Proverbs 3:5-8
Trust in the Lord with all your hear;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.
Don't be impressed with your own wisdom.
Instead, fear the Lord and turn away from evil.
Then you will have healing for your body
and strength for your bones.

Lord, help me to take the words of this proverb to heart and do what they say! My own wisdom is nothing to be impressed with. But your wisdom is what created the universe and keeps it in place!

Lord, please give me common sense and discernment! (Proverbs 3:21) I desperately need them! I need them to show me how to make sure my teenagers are getting school done even when I am not here to prod them. I need them to show me how to help my FIL grow the business. I need them in my myriad daily seemingly inconsequential choices. Help me to remember that I have access to the wisdom that created and upholds the universe! Your wisdom out wits human wisdom every time! I love you so much!! In Jesus' name, amen. <3 

MEMORY VERSE
Joshua 1:8
"Study this book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in everything you do."
Joshua 1:8

Isaiah 45:18-19
"I am the Lord," he says, "and there is no other. I publicly proclaim bold promises. I do not whisper obscurities in some dark corner. I would not have told the people of Israel to seek me if I could not be found. I, the Lord, speak only what is true and declare only what is right."
Isaiah 45:18-19

YEAR VERSE
Psalm 37:3-5
Trust in the LORD and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you your heart's desires.
Commit everything you do to the LORD.
Trust him, and he will help you.
Psalm 37:3-5

No comments: