Saturday, February 6, 2016

Remind Me to Seek YOUR Will

Joshua 9:14-15

So the Israelites examined their food, but they did not consult the Lord. Then Joshua made a peace treaty with them and guaranteed their safety, and the leaders of the community ratified their agreement with a binding oath.



Lord, how often do I make this very same mistake in my life?? Too often! I too often trust my own understanding of the situation and forget to seek your will in all I do so you can show me which path to take. If I would just consult you, then I would save myself loads of trouble.

Lord, please remind me to seek your will no matter how small the matter seems. Joshua and the leaders felt that this was a simple matter too. Remind me to consult you even if it is just about which check out line to go to at the grocery store!

Please guide me in what to read with A today. Put questions in her mouth and answers in mine. I want to share your words, not my own. Lord, you alone know how to deal with A. I need your wisdom and the Holy Spirit to take charge.

Lord, if there is any sin in me right now that needs to be dealt with, please show me. I need to be a clean vessel for your Holy Spirit to flow through me.

I felt you immediately point to my stinky attitude toward my FIL and in general these past two days. Lord, please forgive me! I was allowing myself to listen to all the wrong voices. I was giving the voice of my sinful nature free rein. I'm so sorry. I've believed the lie that PMS and forgetting to take my antidepressant one of those days was a valid excuse to not take my thoughts captive. Please help me to recognize that lie in the future so I won't fall for it again.

Thank you, Lord, for pointing that sin out to me! Holy Spirit, please fill me up! Clear away the filth of my nasty attitude and negative thoughts and feelings. Then fill that space with yourself! Use me through your mighty power at work in me to accomplish infinitely more than I could ask or think, for your glory! In Jesus name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSE
2 Corinthians 10:3-5 NIV
For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, the have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
2 Corinthians 10:3-5 NIV 

James 4:7-10 NLT 1st Edition
So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, you hypocrites. Let there be tears for the wrong things you have done. Let there be sorrow and deep grief. Let there be sadness instead of laughter, and gloom instead of joy. When you bow down before the Lord and admit your dependence on him, he will lift you up and give you honor.
James 4:7-10 NLT 1st Edition

YEAR VERSES
Psalm 37:3-5
Trust in the LORD and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you your heart's desires.
Commit everything you do to the LORD.
Trust him, and he will help you.
Psalm 37:3-5

Psalm 90:17
May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us - yes, establish the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

No comments: