Thursday, February 4, 2016

Things Set Apart for Destruction

Joshua 7:12-13

"That is why the Israelites are running from their enemies in defeat. For now Israel itself has been set apart for destruction. I will not remain with you any longer unless you destroy the things among you that were set apart for destruction. Get up! Command the people to purify themselves in preparation for tomorrow. For this is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: Hidden among you, O Israel, are things set apart for the Lord. You will never defeat your enemies until you remove these things from among you."

This picture was borrowed from the blog: iCrucified
If there is sin in my life that God has told me to deal with ad I don't, or worse, if I try to hide it (as if I can hide anything from God!) I will not be able to live in victory over my enemies. My enemies are my sinful nature and anything that tries to keep me from obeying God and walking in close fellowship with him. Not only will it keep me from living in victory, but it will eventually destroy me. It did destroy Achan and his whole family.

Joshua 7:12 "That is why the Israelites are running from their enemies in defeat. For now Israel itself has been set apart for destruction. I will not remain with you any longer unless you destroy the things among you that were set apart for destruction.

Lord, if I have any activities, thoughts, or belongings which you want set apart for destruction, please let me know. Then give me the strength and resolve to destroy them.

I love you, Lord, and I don't want ANYTHING to stand in the way of my obedience, worship, and love for you. In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSE
Joshua 1:8
"Study this book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in everything you do."
Joshua 1:8

Isaiah 45:18-19
"I am the Lord," he says, "and there is no other. I publicly proclaim bold promises. I do not whisper obscurities in some dark corner. I would not have told the people of Israel to seek me if I could not be found. I, the Lord, speak only what is true and declare only what is right."
Isaiah 45:18-19

YEAR VERSE
Psalm 37:3-5
Trust in the LORD and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you your heart's desires.
Commit everything you do to the LORD.
Trust him, and he will help you.
Psalm 37:3-5

No comments: