Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Jesus is My Refuge

Joshua 20:1-3

The Lord said to Joshua, "Now tell the Israelites to designate the cities of refuge, as I instructed Moses. Anyone who kills another person accidentally and unintentionally can run to one of these cities; they will be places of refuge from relatives seeking revenge for the person who was killed."


Lord God, you are my refuge! You are the one I run to when I am afraid. You are the one I run to when I have fallen and sinned. You welcome me with mercy, grace, and forgiveness. You help me to make a fresh start and get up and try again.

Thank you, Jesus, for giving your innocent life so that I can have a refuge to run to! Help me to tell others of this refuge! In Jesus' name, amen. <3

God is: my refuge
I am: safe when I'm in His arms
My purpose is: to tell others that they can have this same refuge to run to

MEMORY VERSE
Proverbs 15:1
A gentle answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.
Proverbs 15:1

2 Timothy 4:5
But you should keep a clear mind in every situation. Don't be afraid of suffering for the Lord. Work at telling others the Good News, and fully carry out the ministry God has given you.
2 Timothy 4:5

YEAR VERSES
Psalm 37:3-5
Trust in the LORD and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you your heart's desires.
Commit everything you do to the LORD.
Trust him, and he will help you.
Psalm 37:3-5

Psalm 90:17
May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us - yes, establish the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

No comments: