Monday, February 29, 2016

Let Me Be Satisfied With My Assignment

Judges 8:1
Then the people of Ephraim asked Gideon, "Why have you treated us this way? Why didn't you send for us when you first went out to fight the Midianites?" And they argued heatedly with Gideon.

The people of Ephraim were upset because they were left to do cleanup duty instead of getting to take part in the glamour of fighting in the main battle. Gideon assured them that the part they played was every bit as important as what he and his army had done.

Lord, sometimes I get a bit frustrated that I never seem to get the privilege of leading people to Christ. It seems that I'm always planting seeds or helping them to learn to follow you. Help me to remember that those assignments are just as important as actually getting to lead someone to Christ. I should never stop sharing the gospel in the effort to bring people to Christ, but help me to be satisfied with cleanup duty, Lord! As long as I am doing it for You and Your kingdom, it all counts.

In Jesus' name, amen. <3

God is: the job assigner
I am: just as needed as all his other servants
My purpose is: to do as he directs

MEMORY VERSE
Proverbs 16:9
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps.
Proverbs 16:9

YEAR VERSES
Psalm 37:3-5
Trust in the LORD and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you your heart's desires.
Commit everything you do to the LORD.
Trust him, and he will help you.
Psalm 37:3-5

 
Psalm 90:17
May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us - yes, establish the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

No comments: