Monday, February 1, 2016

Let Me Live in the Light of Your Presence!

Joshua 4:23-24

"For the Lord your God dried up the river right before your eyes, and he kept it dry until you were all across, just as he did at the Red Sea when he dried it up until we had all crossed over. He did this so all the nations might know that the Lord's hand is powerful, and so you might fear the Lord your God forever."

Lord, help me to remember all the times and ways that your hand has been powerful for me! I always want to live in awe and respect for you. Give me stories to tell others about your faithful love for me. I want everyone to know that your hand is powerful, so they might fear the Lord God Forever.

Psalm 89:13-15
Powerful is your arm!
Strong is your hand!
Your right hand is lifted high in glorious strength.
Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne.
Unfailing love and truth walk before you as attendants.
Happy are those who hear the joyful call to worship,
For they will walk in the light of your presence, Lord.

James 1:16-18
So don't be misled, my dear brothers and sisters. Whatever is good and perfect is a gift coming down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow. He chose to give birth to us by giving us his true word. And we, out of all creation, became his prized possession.

Lord, your presence is all the light I need! Your presence illuminates all and never changes or casts a shifting shadow. It shows me the way to go, shines a spotlight on my sin so you can help me get rid of it, and washes away my fears. I want to walk daily in the light of your presence, Lord! In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSE
Joshua 1:8
"Study this book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in everything you do."
Joshua 1:8

Isaiah 45:18-19
"I am the Lord," he says, "and there is no other. I publicly proclaim bold promises. I do not whisper obscurities in some dark corner. I would not have told the people of Israel to seek me if I could not be found. I, the Lord, speak only what is true and declare only what is right."
Isaiah 45:18-19

YEAR VERSE
Psalm 37:3-5
Trust in the LORD and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you your heart's desires.
Commit everything you do to the LORD.
Trust him, and he will help you.
Psalm 37:3-5

No comments: