Monday, February 8, 2016

The Battle is too Big For Me

Joshua 11:4 & 6

All these kings came out to fight. Their combined armies formed a vast horde. And with all their horses and chariots, they covered the landscape like the sand on the seashore.
Then the Lord said to Joshua, "Do not be afraid of them. By this time tomorrow I will hand all of them over to Israel as dead men. Then you must cripple their horses and burn their chariots."



Lord, sometimes the battles I am fighting seem to overwhelm me. They just seem WAY too big for me, but they are never too big for you!

Lord, I tend to get frustrated with the apparent lack of progress in some of the situations I am praying for. I'm not seeing any real change in A or R. My FIL is just as hostile to the gospel as ever. My kids still struggle to get their school work done.

Lord, I could so use some sign that you are at work in these situations, please. I feel so discouraged, especially after yesterday. A was telling us that she believes there is nothing wrong with her practicing witchcraft as long as you are using it for good. Then she and R were looking for an apartment to move into together. I could really use some encouragement. In Jesus' name, amen. <3

Lord,
You are amazing!! After I wrote this in my journal and before I was able to post this, you lead me to 2 Cor. 5:7 the verse in the picture above. Then you had my sweet sister in Christ text me with words of encouragement! She had no way of knowing how much I needed those words just now!! I love you so much Lord!! Your really ARE a good, good Father!! In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSE
2 Corinthians 10:3-5 NIV
For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, the have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
2 Corinthians 10:3-5 NIV 

James 4:7-10 NLT 1st Edition
So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, you hypocrites. Let there be tears for the wrong things you have done. Let there be sorrow and deep grief. Let there be sadness instead of laughter, and gloom instead of joy. When you bow down before the Lord and admit your dependence on him, he will lift you up and give you honor.
James 4:7-10 NLT 1st Edition

YEAR VERSES
Psalm 37:3-5
Trust in the LORD and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you your heart's desires.
Commit everything you do to the LORD.
Trust him, and he will help you.
Psalm 37:3-5

Psalm 90:17
May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us - yes, establish the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

No comments: