Sunday, February 7, 2016

The Day the Sun Stood Still

Joshua 10:9

Joshua traveled all night from Gilgal and took the Amorite armies by surprise.



Lord, I'm stuck on the phrase which says that Joshua traveled all night. His troops had to be exhausted after marching all night. Conventional human wisdom says that you want to arrive at your battles fresh and well rested. Once again, your wisdom proved far greater than human wisdom!

You displayed your mighty power through the weakness of Joshua and his army. They were able to destroy all 5 armies and keep fighting through an extended day! You even sent a hailstorm to help them.

Next time I'm thinking that I need extra sleep instead of getting up and doing what you are asking me to do, please remind me of this. As long as I am walking in obedience to you, my weakness will never be a hindrance to your power! In fact, your power works best in my weakness.

2 Corinthians 12:9
Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.

Thank you, Lord, for this reminder! I love you!! In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSE
2 Corinthians 10:3-5 NIV
For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, the have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
2 Corinthians 10:3-5 NIV 

James 4:7-10 NLT 1st Edition
So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, you hypocrites. Let there be tears for the wrong things you have done. Let there be sorrow and deep grief. Let there be sadness instead of laughter, and gloom instead of joy. When you bow down before the Lord and admit your dependence on him, he will lift you up and give you honor.
James 4:7-10 NLT 1st Edition

YEAR VERSES
Psalm 37:3-5
Trust in the LORD and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you your heart's desires.
Commit everything you do to the LORD.
Trust him, and he will help you.
Psalm 37:3-5

Psalm 90:17
May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us - yes, establish the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

No comments: