Sunday, March 22, 2015

2015 Salt and Light Retreat Quiet Time Saturday

Hosea 6:3
So let us know, let us press on to know the LORD. His going forth is as certain as the dawn and he will come to us like the rain, like spring  rain watering the earth.

Lord, I want to press on to know you! I know that you will respond to me as surely as the dawn! You are just waiting for me to come and talk with you.

Psalm 42:1-2
As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God. I thirst for God, the living God. When can I go and stand before Him?

Lord, I'm sitting here with you. I long to hear from you! Please pour your refreshing Spirit into me! Wash me with your Holy Spirit. Show me if there is any wicked way in me so that I can turn from it and run to you!

Lord, I need to press on to know you. It takes effort. I get so spiritually lazy! Lord, I confess that to you right now. Help me to take the tools that you are giving me and press on to know you. Please forgive me for being so lazy spiritually. Lord, the time is running short. I need your word hidden in my heart. I need the discipline of pressing on to know you so that I can be used by you to draw others to you.

Lord, I believe that you have shown me today that you want to work cure my spiritual laziness. You know that it is getting better, but I have a ways to go. I praise you for revealing this to me. Help me to now do what you have told me. In Jesus Name, amen.

No comments: