Friday, March 20, 2015

Why the Trials?

Genesis 4:17
If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it.
Genesis 4:17

Psalm 51:6 (NASB)
Behold, You desire truth in the innermost being, and in the hidden part You will make me know wisdom. 
Psalm 51:6 (NASB)

Micah 6:8
No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8

2 Corinthians 4:17
For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!

Back in February I was wondering what the point of all these trials here on earth is since I can never be perfect this side of heaven.

Romans 5:3-4
We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.

These trials help me to be fruitful for God. They give me the boldness to speak up and share with others. They give me depth of character. They give me the desire to invest in kingdom work which builds interest in my heavenly bank account. Matt. 6:19-21

We have trials because we live in a fallen world. In God's economy nothing is ever wasted. For the Christian, He uses these trials in mighty ways for our best good. "This thing is from Me" He tells us. And we rejoice! Amen

No comments: