Saturday, March 7, 2015

You Train My Hands for War!

Song of Solomon 2:15
Quick! Catch all the little foxes before they ruin the vineyard of your love, for the grave vines are all in blossom.
Song of Solomon 2:15

1 Peter 2:21-23
This suffering is all part of what God has called you to. Christ, who suffered for you, is your example. Follow in his steps. He never sinned, and He never deceived anyone. He did not retaliate when He was insulted. When He suffered, He did not threaten to get even. He left His case in the hands of God, who always judges fairly.
1 Peter 2:21-23

Micah 6:8
No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8

Psalm 144
Vs. 1-2
Praise the LORD, who is my rock.
He trains my hands for war
and gives my fingers skill for battle.
He is my loving ally and my fortress,
my tower of safety, my rescuer.
He is my shield, and I take refuge in him.
He makes the nations submit to me.

LORD, I praise you for you are training me for war! You are teaching me to journal, even though I struggle with doing it as consistently as I should. You are teaching me to cry out to you without holding back. You are teaching me to filter out the other voices, my enemies, and to run to you when I hear them. Lord, you don't just want to protect me, but you want to teach me to live in victory!

V. 11
Save me!
Rescue me from the power of my enemies.
Their mouths are full of lies;
they swear to tell the truth, but they lie instead.

Lord, my enemies, my sinful nature and those other voices, are constantly lying to me. They say things to me that breed defeat, depression and death. Lord, I only want to listen to your voice because you only speak life and peace to me.

V. 15
Yes, joyful are those who live like this!
Joyful indeed are those whose God is the LORD.
AMEN!

No comments: