Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Lord, Give Me Sense

1 Peter 4:12-13
Dear friends don't be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you.  Instead, be very glad - because these trials will make you partners with Christ in His suffering, and afterward you will have the wonderful joy of sharing His glory when it is displayed to all the world.
1 Peter 4:12-13

Romans 6: 16
Don't you realize that whatever you choose to obey becomes your master? You can choose sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God and receive His approval.
Romans 6:16

Micah 6:8
No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8

Psalm 119:73
You made me; you created me.
Now give me the sense to follow your commands.

Lord, you did make me. Although this gave me a little chuckle, it contains deep truths. Since you created me, you know how my mind works. You know how I tend to get caught up in my own thoughts and forget to remember your commands. Left to my own devices, my heart and mind will lead me astray. Only YOU can give me the good sense to walk in the right paths.

Please show me today if I am listening to any other voice but yours. Help me to turn from my wicked ways. I want to be pure and holy as you are holy. I can only do that with your help. Thank you for dying on the cross to save me from my sin. I love you Jesus!

Lord, I pray for my neighbors. They are so trapped in darkness. I pray that you would draw them to the light of your love and forgiveness. 

I pray for J, that you would bless her today. Help her to see the good in others like we talked about yesterday. 

Please be with N. Help him to think more of others than himself as his prayer request asked.

Lord, I pray for my son. I pray that you would heal whatever seems to be damaged emotionally in him. Please break him out of this shell that he has encased himself in to protect himself. You know how freaked out he gets about doing things that shouldn't be such an issue. I don't know what the answer is for him, but YOU do. You created him as well. You know how his mind works. Please heal and help him so that he can grow to become a thriving man of God. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: