Friday, March 13, 2015

Where My Happiness is Found

1 Peter 4:12-13
Dear friends don't be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you.  Instead, be very glad - because these trials will make you partners with Christ in His suffering, and afterward you will have the wonderful joy of sharing His glory when it is displayed to all the world.
1 Peter 4:12-13

Romans 6: 16
Don't you realize that whatever you choose to obey becomes your master? You can choose sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God and receive His approval.
Romans 6:16

Micah 6:8
No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8

Psalm 119:33-40
Teach me your decrees, O LORD;
I will keep them to the end.
Give me understanding and I will obey your instructions;
I will put them into practice with all my heart.
Make me walk along the path of your commands, 
for that is where my happiness is found.
Give me an eagerness for your laws
rather than a love for money!
Turn my eyes from worthless things,
and give me life through your word.
Reassure me of your promise,
made to those who fear you.
Help me abandon my shameful ways;
for your regulations are good.
I long to obey your commandments!
Renew my life with your goodness.

Lord, this whole psalm is my prayer this morning. My happiness is truly found in walking in your ways. Help me to abandon my shameful ways! It seems that I am constantly forgetting to remember to turn and have a conversation with YOU instead of my sinful nature. Lord, I need you to imprint this on my heart and mind. Holy Spirit, you have permission to whack me over the head to get my attention to remind me of this. In Jesus Name, Amen.
 

No comments: