Monday, March 23, 2015

Lord, Bring the Rain!

Genesis 4:17
If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it.
Genesis 4:17

Psalm 51:6 (NASB)
Behold, You desire truth in the innermost being, and in the hidden part You will make me know wisdom. 
Psalm 51:6 (NASB)

Micah 6:8
No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8

Hosea 6:3
So let us know, let us press on to know, let us press on to know the LORD. His going forth is as certain as the dawn and He will come to us like the rain, like the spring rain watering the earth.

Lord, what a beautiful picture you gave me of this verse this morning! Just as I was settling down to meet with you it started raining outside and you came to me like the rain. You refreshed my soul yet again.

Lord, you come to us like the spring rain in waves of blessing. Sometimes it's a soft, gentle outpouring. Then it becomes a deluge flooding my soul with your truth and washing away all the contaminants that I've picked up along my way. Just like a hard rain washes away the pollen from the air, you leave behind a fresh clean feeling and I can breathe again. I'm left dripping and soaked in your love and truth. Lord, may it splash out onto everyone I'm in contact with today! Please keep raining on my soul all day today!

Lord, use the rain that you've watered my soul with to water seeds that were planted in others! Let the rain you are giving me splash onto other believers leaving them soaked and dripping too.
Then they can pass it on to others as well.

Genesis 39:2-6a
The LORD was with Joseph, so he succeeded in everything he did as he served in the home of his Egyptian master. Potiphar noticed this and realized that the LORD was with Joseph, giving him success in everything he did. This pleased Potiphar, so he soon made Joseph his personal attendant. He put him in charge of his entire household and everything he owned. From the day Joseph was put in charge of his master's household and property, the LORD began to bless Potiphar's household for Joseph's sake. All his household affairs ran smoothly, and his crops and livestock flourished. So Potiphar gave Joseph complete administrative responsibility over everything he owned. With Joseph there, he didn't worry about a thing -- except what kind of food to eat!

Lord, I know that Joseph was a type of Christ. Jesus Christ, I want you to be in charge of our household and finances! I know that with you in charge all our household affairs will run smoothly and our crops and livestock will flourish. Help me to look to you to know how to run my household. Show me what you want me to do with every minute of my day. Do you want me to go do laundry? Please let me know and I will go do it. Is it time for me to check the kids' schoolwork? Speak to my heart and I'll do it. Help me to stop and ask for guidance each moment of my day.

Please be in charge of the kind of food I eat as well! Lord, I tend to want to let my stomach be my master. I tend to want to eat the kind of things that are not good for me. Help me to submit to your will in what I eat and how much I eat. Then my body will flourish and be healthy.

1 Peter 2:21-23
Lord, help my husband to know that the suffering he goes through at work is all part of what YOU have called him to. Remind him that Christ, who suffered for him is his example. Help my husband to follow in HIS steps. Jesus, you never sinned and you never deceived anyone. Help my husband to not retaliate when he is insulted. When he suffers, help him not to want to get even. Enable my husband to leave his case in YOUR hands God because you always judge fairly! In Jesus Name! Amen!

No comments: