Friday, March 27, 2015

A True Jew?

Deuteronomy 33:26
There is no one like the God of Israel. He rides across the heavens to help you, across the skies in majestic splendor.
Deuteronomy 33:26

Isaiah 30:21 (NIV)
Whether you turn to the right or the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, "This is the way, walk in it."
Isaiah 30:21 (NIV)

Romans 1:16
I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes - the Jew first and also the Gentile.
Romans 1:16

Romans 2:28-29
For you are not a true Jew just because you were born of Jewish parents or because you have gone through the ceremony of circumcision. No, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God. And true circumcision is not merely obeying the letter of the law; rather it is a change of heart produced by God's Spirit. And a person with a changed heart seeks praise from God, not from people.

Lord, last night at the Freedom Workshop I was getting a little high on praise from my sisters who were seeking to encourage and build me up. Then during the worship I heard this voice in my head trying to tell me, "You're such a fake! You have everyone convinced, including yourself, that you are so righteous." I thank you, Lord, for helping me to Immediately realize that was a baldfaced lie. I am NOT a fake, because YOU are changing my heart! Your Spirit is in me transforming me into a new person by changing the way I think. You are helping me to care more about praise from YOU than from people. Thank you for this confirmation that I belong to YOU! I AM being made into something beautiful. It's by hiding your word in my heart and spending time talking with you. You are making me look more and more like you. And there is NOTHING more beautiful in this world or in heaven than YOU! I praise you that you want to be friends with me. I praise you that we DO have conversations and sweet fellowship together. Lord Jesus, I can't wait for the time when I will get to see you face-to-face!! I love you so much!! Amen

No comments: