Thursday, March 19, 2015

Reflections of YOU

1 Peter 4:12-13
Dear friends don't be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you.  Instead, be very glad - because these trials will make you partners with Christ in His suffering, and afterward you will have the wonderful joy of sharing His glory when it is displayed to all the world.
1 Peter 4:12-13

Romans 6: 16
Don't you realize that whatever you choose to obey becomes your master? You can choose sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God and receive His approval.
Romans 6:16

Micah 6:8
No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8

2 Corinthians 3:18
So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord - who is the Spirit - makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image.

Thank you Lord for removing the veil so that I can see and reflect your glory. I pray that I would be a bright reflection of you.

1 Corinthians 13:12
Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.

Wow! Thank you for bringing that verse to my mind and even showing me where to find it without having to look it up. I believe you are telling me that the better I get to know you, the more accurately I will reflect your glory. The better I know you, the more I will grow to look like you. The only way to get to know you is to spend time with you. I want to spend all day every day with you! 

It's not practical to sit and read the Bible all day everyday. But by memorizing scripture I can have your word with me everywhere I go. In that way I can be thinking about it and having conversations with you all day.

I just realized that you want to talk with me through the scriptures I've memorized! The more scripture I learn the more you can talk with me. Of course you use other ways to talk to me as well. But the Bible has always been the main way you communicate with us. This gives me more motivation to learn your Word; to hide it in my heart.

Jeremiah 17:9
The human heart is the most deceitful of all things,
and desperately wicked.
Who really knows how bad it is?

Since my heart is so deceitful, hiding your word in it is my only defense against lying to myself constantly.

Lord, I just love how practical you are! I love that you know and understand how my brain works. You use that to show me your truths. My soul praises you! In Jesus' Name! Amen!

No comments: