Thursday, March 12, 2015

My Heart is Deceitful

Song of Solomon 2:15
Quick! Catch all the little foxes before they ruin the vineyard of your love, for the grave vines are all in blossom.
Song of Solomon 2:15

1 Peter 2:21-23
This suffering is all part of what God has called you to. Christ, who suffered for you, is your example. Follow in his steps. He never sinned, and He never deceived anyone. He did not retaliate when He was insulted. When He suffered, He did not threaten to get even. He left His case in the hands of God, who always judges fairly.
1 Peter 2:21-23

Micah 6:8
No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8

Psalm 119:29
Keep me from lying to myself:
give me the privilege of knowing your instructions.

Jeremiah 17:9
The human heart is the most deceitful of all things,
and desperately wicked.
Who really knows how bad it is?
But I, the LORD, search all hearts
and examine secret motives.
I give all people their due rewards,
according to what their actions deserve.

Lord, I know that I cannot trust my own heart to tell me the truth. The only way to follow truth is to know and follow your Word. My sinful nature will lie or accuse me every single time, but you only ever tell me the truth. I praise you for that Lord.

No comments: