Wednesday, March 25, 2015

My Shepherd

Genesis 4:17
If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it.
Genesis 4:17

Psalm 51:6 (NASB)
Behold, You desire truth in the innermost being, and in the hidden part You will make me know wisdom. 
Psalm 51:6 (NASB)

Romans 1:16
I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes - the Jew first and also the Gentile.
Romans 1:16

Psalm 119:129-133
Your laws are wonderful.
No wonder I obey them!
The teaching of your word gives light,
so even the simple can understand.
I pant with expectation,
longing for your commands.
Come and show me your mercy,
as you do for all who love your name.
Guide my steps by your word,
so I will not be overcome by evil.

Genesis 46:33-34
Then he said, "When Pharaoh calls for you and asks you about your occupation, you must tell him, 'We, your servants, have raised livestock all our lives, as our ancestors have always done.' When you tell him this, he will let you live here in the region of Goshen, for the Egyptians despise shepherds."

I know that Egypt is a type of the world. This world despises the Good Shepherd. They don't want anyone telling them how to live their lives. As a result, they end up wandering and lost. They end up getting themselves caught in thickets of their own making. 

It makes me sad that they don't know what they are missing out on. They think that Your laws will be a burden and a drudge to obey. But they are wonderful and I gladly obey them. The teaching of Your Word gives light to my mind so that even in my simpleness and humanness I can understand. I long to know and obey your commands, because in that I find Your mercy. You do this for all who love Your name. You guide my steps by Your Word and prevent me from being overcome by evil.

I Praise You my Shepherd!! In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: