Saturday, January 30, 2016

Give Me a Faith Boost, Lord

Joshua 3:15-16

It was the harvest season, and the Jordan was overflowing its banks. But as soon as the feet of the priests who were carrying the Ark touched the water at the river's edge, the water above that point began backing up a great distance away at a town called Adam, which is near Zarethan. And the water below that point flowed on to the Dead Sea until the riverbed was dry. Then all the people crossed over near the town of Jericho.


Wow! I love reading stories like this about your power, Lord! It's a great reminder that making the flow of a river stop and even giving the people dry ground to walk on is no problem for you. After all, you created the water and gravity and the ground!

I love that it says that the riverbed was dry. Not muddy like it normally would be after water had just been there. The priests had to get their feet wet and step out in faith, that's when you moved displayed your great power.

But you made sure that the timing and circumstances were such that there could be no doubt that you were the one who did this. You needed to give the people a fresh sampling of your power. It strengthened the faith of the Israelites and showed their enemies that you were fighting with and for them.

When I read these stories, it gives me a faith boost. It reminds me that your power is absolute and limitless. You fight for me against my enemies, so what have I to fear?? I should be one of the bravest of all people! Yet it is usually very difficult for me to take those first steps of faith and obedience and get my feet wet.

Lord, please remind me that I have nothing to fear when you are with me! Especially when I am walking in obedience to you. The times when I should be absolutely terrified are when I am listening to the voice of my sinful nature! That voice only wants my death and destruction while you want to give me abundant life. Thank you for the wonderful words of encouragement this morning, Lord!! I love you so much! In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSE
Joshua 1:8
"Study this book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in everything you do."
Joshua 1:8

Isaiah 45:18-19
"I am the Lord," he says, "and there is no other. I publicly proclaim bold promises. I do not whisper obscurities in some dark corner. I would not have told the people of Israel to seek me if I could not be found. I, the Lord, speak only what is true and declare only what is right."
Isaiah 45:18-19

YEAR VERSE
Psalm 37:3-5
Trust in the LORD and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you your heart's desires.
Commit everything you do to the LORD.
Trust him, and he will help you.
Psalm 37:3-5

No comments: