Friday, November 27, 2015

Do All Things Without Complaning

Numbers 11:4, 20, 23

4 Then the foreign rabble who were traveling with the Israelites began to crave the good things of Egypt. And the people of Israel also began to complain. "Oh, for some meat!" they exclaimed.
20 "You will eat it for a whole month until you gag and are sick of it. For you have rejected the Lord, who is here among you, and you have whined to him, saying, 'Why did we ever leave Egypt?' "
23 Then the Lord said to Moses, "Has my harm lost its power? Now you will see whether or not my word comes true!"

Wow! Lord, there is so much to chew on here!! I need to be careful what kind of people I choose to regularly associate with, "Bad company corrupts good character." 1 Corinthians 15:33

I need to keep my focus on what you have blessed me with and not on what I don't have. Allowing myself to dwell on what I don't have only breeds discontent which leads to whining and complaining. Philippians 2:14-15 Do everything without complaining and arguing, so that no one can criticize you. Live clean and innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people.

Lord, that is how I want to live! I don't want to be known as a complainer. I want to live a clean and innocent life as your child, shining like a bright light in this world full of crooked and perverse people.

When I do have a complaint, let me bring it to you with an attitude of knowing that you are the only one who can fix it. Philippians 4:6-7 Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

I can pour my complaints, worries, heartaches, anger and every other emotion out to you. In fact, you encourage me to! I can't infect you with my bad attitudes like I can other people. And more than that, other people can't help me to disinfect from my bad attitudes like you can. When I whine and complain to other people it's like I'm rejecting you and your power in my life. But when I pour it all out to you, your Holy Spirit comes and cleans up all the muck I've accumulated with my bad attitudes.

Lord, thank you for this very practical and timely word. Please help me to "look carefully into the perfect law that sets me free, and do what it says and not forget what I heard, then you will bless me for doing it." James 1:25 In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSES
Proverbs 7:2-3
Obey my commands and live!
Guard my instructions as you guard your own eyes.
Tie them on your fingers as a reminder.
Write them deep within your heart.
Proverbs 7:2-3

2 Corinthians 4:4
Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.
2 Corinthians 4:4

Philippians 2:14-15
Do everything without complaining and arguing, so that no one can criticize you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people.
Philippians 2:14-15

No comments: