Sunday, November 29, 2015

Lord, Don't Let Me Be Afraid of the Giants

Numbers 13:30

But Caleb tried to quiet the people as they stood before Moses. "Let's go at once to take the land," he said. "We can certainly conquer it!"

Lord, help me to trust in your power when I'm facing what looks like an impossible situation. Help me to have the kind of attitude Caleb and Joshua had. They knew that with you fighting for them, their enemies were only helpless prey.

Numbers 14:7-9
They said to all the people of Israel, "The land we traveled through and explored is a wonderful land! And if the Lord is pleased with us, he will bring us safely into the land and give it to us. It is a rich land flowing with milk and honey. Do not rebel against the Lord, and don't be afraid of the people of the land. They are only helpless pray to us! They have no protection, but the Lord is with us! Don't be afraid of them!"

Numbers 14:11
And the Lord said to Moses, "How long will these people treat me with contempt? Will they never believe me, even after all the miraculous signs I have done among them?"

Lord, don't let me treat you with contempt. Let me believe that you are fully able to handle any situation no matter impossible it seems. Lord, this situation at work seems pretty impossible. We don't seem to be able to find the information we need to contact the right people to send our samples to and keep this business afloat. Lord, you know who those people are. Please help us to find the information we need. You know what my father-in-law has sacrificed to make this business succeed. But Lord, if it's your will for this business to fail in order to get through to him, then so be it. Help me to trust you, no matter what!

You have lead me to a brand new season in my life. Help me to trust you as you lead me to this new land you have for me. Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander and my faith will be made stronger! Don't let me fear the giants that are standing in my way. Let me keep my eyes above the waves! Yes, Lord, I know that I am mixing metaphors here, but I know that you understand. In Jesus' powerful name, amen. <3



MEMORY VERSES
Proverbs 7:2-3
Obey my commands and live!
Guard my instructions as you guard your own eyes.
Tie them on your fingers as a reminder.
Write them deep within your heart.
Proverbs 7:2-3

2 Corinthians 4:4
Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.
2 Corinthians 4:4

Philippians 2:14-15
Do everything without complaining and arguing, so that no one can criticize you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people.
Philippians 2:14-15

No comments: