Sunday, November 8, 2015

Help Me to Put Your Commands into Practice

Leviticus 22:31-33
"You must faithfully keep all my commands by putting them into practice, for I am the LORD. Do not bring shame on my holy name, for I will display my holiness among the people of Israel. I am the LORD who makes you holy. It was I who rescued you from the land of Egypt, that I might be your God. I am the LORD."

Lord, help me to faithfully keep all your commands by putting them into practice. I love that you tell us to put them into practice because that implies that we won't always get it right. Yet when we practice anything, we are striving for perfection.

Lord, I don't ever want to bring shame on your holy name. Please display your holiness in my life! You are the Lord who makes me holy. I praise you for rescuing me from my Egypt! The land where I was still under the power of my sinful nature and the voice of my enemy because I didn't know that they no longer have any power over me. You saved me so that you could be my God. You are MY Lord!

I am still blown away by how you used me to minister to that guy in the grocery store yesterday! You allowed me to forget a bag of groceries at the store the day before so that I would be there the next morning to hear his phone conversation with his wife. He was telling her that he knew they had no food but he didn't know what else to do. He had cashed in all their change and it only came to around $2. What a privilege it was to pray with him and then give practical assistance by having him get some food and then paying for it for him. You also had me give him some cash. I know that this helped to increase this man's faith as it did mine! I was on cloud nine all the way home!! Please use me more and more as you see fit. I love you!! In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:22-25
But don't just listen to God's word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves. For if you listen to the word and don't obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror. You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like. But if you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don't forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it.
James 1:22-25

Psalm 19:12-14
How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?
Cleanse me from these hidden faults.
Keep your servant from deliberate sins!
Don't let them control me.
Then I will be free of gilt
and innocent of great sin.
May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to you,
O LORD my rock and my redeemer.
Psalm 19:12-14

No comments: