Monday, November 16, 2015

Take an Inventory

Numbers 1:1-4

A year after Israel's departure from Egypt, the Lord spoke to Moses in the Tabernacle in the wilderness of Sinai. On the first day of the second month of that year he said, "From the whole community of Israel, record the names of all the warriors by their clans and families. List all the men twenty years old or older who are able to go to war. You and Aaron must register the troops, and you will be assisted by one family leader from each tribe.


Lord, help me to stop and take an inventory of my resources before I rush headlong into new opportunities. It's good to take a regular assessment of my spiritual, mental, and financial health anyway. I need to be asking myself questions like: Am I trying to do too much and stretching myself too thin? Do I need to delegate some of what I am doing? Or does something or somethings simply need to go? Help me to be honest in answering these questions. Give me your wisdom and creativity in seeking solutions.

Please help me today at work. Give me clear thoughts in spite of how I am feeling. I love you, Lord. In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:26-27
If you claim to be religious but don't control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.
James 1:26-27

Jeremiah 24:6-7
"I will watch over and care for them, and bring them back here again. I will build them up and not tear them down. I will plant them and not uproot them. I will give them hearts that recognize me as the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me wholeheartedly."
Jeremiah 24:6-7

No comments: