Monday, November 23, 2015

The Lord is Watching Over Those Who are Fully Committed to Him

Numbers 8:1-2

The Lord said to Moses, "Give Aaron the following instructions: When you set up the seven lamps in the lampstand, place them so their light shines forward in front of the lampstand."


Lord, it seems important that the lamps were facing the right way. You made a special point to tell Moses this, both here and in Exodus 25:37. What is the significance of this?

The oil used in the lamps speaks of your Holy Spirit and the light represents Jesus Christ. In Zechariah 4 the prophet is shown a lampstand with seven lamps. An angel tells him, ""It is not by force nor by strength, but by my Spirit,' says the Lord of Heaven's Armies." Zechariah 4:6

It also says in Zechariah 4:10 that the seven lamps represent the eyes of the Lord that search all around the world. In 2 Chronicles 16:9 it says, "The eyes of the Lord search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him."

I think the lamps were situated in this way to remind us that you are watching over us. You are looking to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to you. If I am trusting in anything other than you, then my heart is not fully committed to you. Jeremiah 17:5 This is what the Lord says: "Cursed are those who put their trust in mere humans, who rely on human strength and turn their hearts away from the Lord."

Lord, help me to be FULLY committed to only YOU!! Don't let me rely on anything else. You are the ONLY one with the power to save and keep me!

Thank you, Lord, for the picture of the lampstand. Thank you for showing me what it represents. Please help me to never forget. I love that you are watching out to strengthen those who are fully committed to you. I sure need that strength! I praise your Holy Name!! In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:26-27
If you claim to be religious but don't control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.
James 1:26-27

Jeremiah 24:6-7
"I will watch over and care for them, and bring them back here again. I will build them up and not tear them down. I will plant them and not uproot them. I will give them hearts that recognize me as the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me wholeheartedly."
Jeremiah 24:6-7

No comments: