Friday, November 20, 2015

Keep My Marriage Pure

Numbers 5:29-31

"This is the ritual law for dealing with suspicion. If a woman goes astray and defiles herself while under her husband's authority, or if a man becomes jealous and is suspicious that his wife has been unfaithful, the husband must present his wife before the Lord, and the priest will apply this entire ritual law to her. The husband will be innocent of any guilt in this matter, but the wife will be held accountable for her sin."

Lord, I don't mean to question your wisdom, but I can't help wondering, What about the guy she was unfaithful with? Was there no consequence for him? What if it was the husband who was unfaithful? Did the wife have no recourse?

I do understand that this is ultimately about keeping my marriage pure and undefiled. And you do have plenty to say about that to both spouses in the New Testament. In fact, you hold us to an even higher standard than the law. You told us that if we even look at another person with lust then we've committed the act in our heart.

It is paramount that I keep a tight rein on my thoughts because they will lead me down some very dark paths. Those thoughts left unchecked lead to sinful actions, and that sin left unconfessed leads to death. James 1:114-15

Lord, please help me to keep my thoughts pure so that I can please you! Psalm 19:12-14 In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:26-27
If you claim to be religious but don't control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.
James 1:26-27

Jeremiah 24:6-7
"I will watch over and care for them, and bring them back here again. I will build them up and not tear them down. I will plant them and not uproot them. I will give them hearts that recognize me as the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me wholeheartedly."
Jeremiah 24:6-7

No comments: