Thursday, November 19, 2015

Show Me How to Delegate

Numbers 4:46-49

So Moses, Aaron, and the leaders of Israel listed all the Levites by their clans and families. All the men between thirty and fifty years of age who were eligible for service in the Tabernacle and for its transportation numbered 8,580. When their names were recorded, as the Lord had commanded through Moses, each man was assigned his task and told what to carry.

Every time the Israelites had to move camp, it was a gigantic undertaking which if mishandled could lead to the death of the men transporting the Tabernacle. But, Lord, you left nothing to chance. Each Levite from the high priest down had a specific task, even the various loads were assigned to a specific man by name! (Numbers 4:32) This is what I call delegation at its finest.

Lord, would you please help me to know which chores and responsibilities in our home need to be assigned to whom? I know you are just waiting for me to ask. There are many chores that have been assigned but more that have yet to be. Or more accurately, there are plenty that have been assigned but never get enforced. Everyone in the family needs to be dong their part for our home to function smoothly.

I praise you, Lord, that you knew ahead of time that I would be working and unable to prepare menus or meals. You gave Manboy a desire to do that and now Fashionista shares the responsibility. Thank you for working that out ahead of time. This is a huge blessing, especially on nights like last night when MyHero and I don't get home from work until after 7. That is all too frequent these days.

All three kids share the chore of washing the dishes rotating days on their week off from cooking. This system needs to be fine tuned more because Robo has dish duty every week, since he doesn't like to cook or plan menus. Lord, I look forward to seeing what you are going to do with this in your infinite wisdom and creativity! In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:26-27
If you claim to be religious but don't control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.
James 1:26-27

Jeremiah 24:6-7
"I will watch over and care for them, and bring them back here again. I will build them up and not tear them down. I will plant them and not uproot them. I will give them hearts that recognize me as the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me wholeheartedly."
Jeremiah 24:6-7

No comments: