Saturday, November 7, 2015

I Am Hosting Royalty!!

Leviticus 21:5-6
"The priests must not shave their heads or trim their beards or cut their bodies. They must be set apart as holy to their God and must never bring shame on the name of God. They must be holy, for the are the ones who present the special gifts to the Lord, gifts of food for their God."

1 Peter 2:9
"... for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God's very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light."

As one of God's special people, I must live a holy, set apart life. I'm set apart in the fact that I don't behave the way they do. I must never bring shame on the name of God. I must be holy because I present special gifts to the Lord, gifts of food for my God. My special gifts are not literal gifts of food, but the fruit of the Spirit produced in my life as a result of obedience to him. I believe that this is God's very favorite kind of food!

Lord, help me to be bountiful in the fruits of the Spirit so that I can present them to you as a special gift of food and as a way to express my love for you! 

I praise you that I am starting to catch on to everything I am learning at work. My brain is no longer complete mush when I come home. Please help me to be a witness to my FIL. Please help the business to prosper because I am there; like you did for Potiphar and the jailer when Joseph was there to help. But mostly let B see the joy I have in following you! Let me show B the goodness of God!! Please, please, please let me have a part in leading him to you before he dies.

Please help my kids to be getting their schoolwork and chores done without having to be hounded. Especially, Robo. He needs the correct dosage of his med. Please help us to find that so he doesn't have to struggle so much!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for helping me to loose weight and increase my endurance to run further. I am so excited about that and it motivates me to want to do more.

I love you more than I have words to express!! In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:22-25
But don't just listen to God's word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves. For if you listen to the word and don't obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror. You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like. But if you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don't forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it.
James 1:22-25

Psalm 19:12-14
How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?
Cleanse me from these hidden faults.
Keep your servant from deliberate sins!
Don't let them control me.
Then I will be free of gilt
and innocent of great sin.
May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to you,
O LORD my rock and my redeemer.
Psalm 19:12-14

No comments: