Monday, November 9, 2015

These are the Lord's Appointed Festivals

Leviticus 23:4
"In addition to the Sabbath, these are the Lord's appointed festivals, the official days for holy assembly that are to be celebrated at their proper times each year."

Lord, you ordained these festivals so that Israel would have special days to celebrate, rest and remember. You wanted them to celebrate all you had done for them, rest from their labor, and remember your goodness. These festivals also helped them to pass their faith on to the next generation.

The footnotes in my Bible challenge me to consider how the holidays I celebrate mirror my relationship with God. Christmas and Easter are not the only holidays we should dedicate to you. 

As Americans there are tons of other holidays we can use to commemorate your goodness and love for us. Memorial Day can be a day to praise you for all the brave service men and women who gave their lives for our country. Independence Day can celebrate your love for us in giving us a country where we have all these wonderful freedoms, and especially the freedom to worship you. Valentines Day can be a day to bask in your love for us and thank you for the family, loved ones, and friends you have given us. I want to use every day to thank you for your unfailing goodness to me!!

I pray that you will help MyHero and me to get over our colds quickly, and that I will not pass it to my FIL. In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:22-25
But don't just listen to God's word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves. For if you listen to the word and don't obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror. You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like. But if you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don't forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it.
James 1:22-25

Psalm 19:12-14
How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?
Cleanse me from these hidden faults.
Keep your servant from deliberate sins!
Don't let them control me.
Then I will be free of gilt
and innocent of great sin.
May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to you,
O LORD my rock and my redeemer.
Psalm 19:12-14

No comments: