Friday, November 13, 2015

God's Love is Relentless!

Leviticus 26:13
"I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt so that you would no longer be their slaves. I broke the yoke of slavery from your neck so you can walk with your heads held high."

Lord, you broke the yoke of slavery to my sinful nature from my neck so I can walk with my head held high. Now I have no obligation whatsoever to do what my sinful nature urges me to do!

And yet, I still so often forget to remember. Thank you, Lord, for being so relentless in your pursuit of me when I take off going my own way. This chapter gives such a clear picture of how you pursue your own. You will spank, correct, and punish us as many times as it takes to get through our thick sculls! But it's all because you love us SO much. It breaks your heart to see us running down a path that you know will lead to our eternal death.

I take comfort in knowing that you have that same level of love for my son, and you will pursue him in this same way! 

Jeremiah 24:6
Please watch over and care for Manboy, and bring him back to you. Build him up and don't tear him down. Plant him and don't uproot him. Give Manboy a heart that recognizes you as his Lord. Please let him be one of your people, and be his God. Help him to return to you wholeheartedly.

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:26-27
If you claim to be religious but don't control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.
James 1:26-27

Jeremiah 24:6-7
"I will watch over and care for them, and bring them back here again. I will build them up and not tear them down. I will plant them and not uproot them. I will give them hearts that recognize me as the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me wholeheartedly."
Jeremiah 24:6-7

No comments: