Monday, January 4, 2016

A Blessing or A Curse?

Deuteronomy 11:26-28

"Look, today I am giving you the choice between a blessing and a curse! You will be blessed if you obey the commands of the Lord your God that I am giving you today. But you will be cursed if you reject the commands of the Lord your God and turn away from him and worship gods you have not known before."


Lord, I have this same choice everyday. I can choose to listen to your voice and receive a blessing or I can choose to listen to the other voices and be cursed. Those other voices tell me lies most of the time. They only want to steal and kill and destroy. But you want to give me life and abundance.

It would seem obvious to always choose your voice and the path of blessing over the path of death. 
And yet, I so often forget to remember and make the wrong choice.
Lord, please help me today. Show me today if I'm listening to any voice other than yours. In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSE
Matthew 4:4
But Jesus told him, "No! The Scriptures say, 'People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.' "
Matthew 4:4

YEAR VERSE
Psalm 37:3-5
Trust in the LORD and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you your heart's desires.
Commit everything you do to the LORD.
Trust him, and he will help you.
Psalm 37:3-5

No comments: