Thursday, January 28, 2016

Heal My Short-sightedness, Lord!

Luke 19:42

"How I wish today that you of all people would understand the way to peace. But now it is too late, and peace is hidden from your eyes."


Jesus, your Triumphal Entry was an announcement that you are the long awaited Messiah. The people recognized it as such but at the same time failed to recognize the true message you were proclaiming.

They were short-sighted, looking for a Messiah who would give them military and political freedom. We humans are so short-sighted! We tend to focus on the things we can see and touch, the non-eternal. Please shift my focus to the eternal. 

The people wanted the kind of peace that means an end of fighting and a state of security and order within a community. You wanted to give them a much greater peace! You wanted to give them peace with God!

Clearing the Temple was yet another proclamation of your Lordship, over the Temple and Jerusalem. When I asked you to be the Lord of my life, you cleaned my temple. Now it is my job to keep the temple clean by bringing you all my "trash". 

The ONLY way to dispose of it is to give it to you. I can try all sorts of other ways to get rid of my trash, therapy, yoga, meditation, running, eating, shopping, drugs, and the list goes on. YOU are the only one who can properly dispose of my trash and make me completely clean again. It is only when I cry out to you without holding back that you are able to do this.

Lord, please help me to keep short accounts with you! Help me to keep running to you and crying out to you without holding back. Like a child running into the arms of her daddy and telling him all her fears, worries, and frustrations. I love you so much, Abba!! In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSE
Joshua 1:8
"Study this book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in everything you do."
Joshua 1:8

Isaiah 45:18-19
"I am the Lord," he says, "and there is no other. I publicly proclaim bold promises. I do not whisper obscurities in some dark corner. I would not have told the people of Israel to seek me if I could not be found. I, the Lord, speak only what is true and declare only what is right."
Isaiah 45:18-19

YEAR VERSE
Psalm 37:3-5
Trust in the LORD and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you your heart's desires.
Commit everything you do to the LORD.
Trust him, and he will help you.
Psalm 37:3-5

No comments: