Friday, January 8, 2016

Help Me To Be Generous, Lord

Deuteronomy 15:11

"There will always be some in the land who are poor. That is why I am commanding you to share freely with the poor and with other Israelites in need."



Lord, we have people right across the street who have a very practical need. They desperately need a washing machine and some way to dry their clothes. You have put it on my heart to find a way to bless them by filling this need. I put out a request on the FB group I belong to. Lord, now would you do your thing?
I pray that this would speak volumes to my neighbor's hearts and help in bringing them to you, Lord.
Lord, I praise you for how you have been blessing us. Please help John and I to be generous in our giving. Help us to do it with the right motivation, not gain a blessing for ourselves, but to see others come to know you! In Jesus' name, amen. <3

Update: A couple of people commented on my FB post telling me that they have free washers. Now we just need to find a way to go pick one up! Praise God!!!

MEMORY VERSE
Psalm 90:17
"May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us - yes, establish the work of our hands."
Psalm 90:17

YEAR VERSE
Psalm 37:3-5
Trust in the LORD and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you your heart's desires.
Commit everything you do to the LORD.
Trust him, and he will help you.
Psalm 37:3-5

No comments: