Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Lord, I Cling to YOU

Deuteronomy 13:3-4 

"Do not listen to them. The Lord your God is testing you to see if you truly love him with all your heart and soul. Serve only the Lord your God and fear him alone. Obey his commands, listen to his voice, and cling to him."

Deuteronomy 13:6-8
"Suppose someone secretly entices you - even your brother, your son or daughter, your beloved wife, or your closest friend - and says, 'Let us go worship other gods' - gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known. They might suggest that you worship the gods of peoples who live nearby or who come from the ends of the earth. But do not give in or listen."



Lord, help me to stand strong even when my immediate family doesn't share my convictions. Please help me to listen to your voice and cling to you. I want to love only you with all my heart and soul.

I confess that I almost gave in last night to watching that last movie. I'm not sure that there is anything inherently evil about those movies in themselves. 
The point is that you have told ME not to watch them. 
It is becoming clear from your word this morning that you are testing me to see if I truly love you with all my heart and soul. I very much want to pass this test.

Lord, I'm so glad that you love me enough to discipline and train me like this. It shows me that I am without a doubt one of your kids. Thank you for being my daddy! I love you SO much!! In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSE
Matthew 4:4
But Jesus told him, "No! The Scriptures say, 'People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.' "
Matthew 4:4

YEAR VERSE
Psalm 37:3-5
Trust in the LORD and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you your heart's desires.
Commit everything you do to the LORD.
Trust him, and he will help you.
Psalm 37:3-5

No comments: