Tuesday, January 26, 2016

God's Word Makes Me Strong and Corageous

Joshua 1:8

"Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do."


I must stay in the word if I am to grow and prosper spiritually. Without the word I shrivel up and die spiritually, like a plant without the sun or water.

Your word gives me courage and makes me strong. It helps me to stay obedient to you. It shows me how to live and points out things in my life that need to change.

Thank you for your word!! I'm so glad that you gave us your word and your Holy Spirit to help us understand it. Please guide me as I teach A. to read the Bible. Give her a passion for your word as we read it together. In Jesus' name, amen.

MEMORY VERSE
Joshua 1:8
"Study this book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in everything you do."
Joshua 1:8

Isaiah 45:18-19
"I am the Lord," he says, "and there is no other. I publicly proclaim bold promises. I do not whisper obscurities in some dark corner. I would not have told the people of Israel to seek me if I could not be found. I, the Lord, speak only what is true and declare only what is right."
Isaiah 45:18-19

YEAR VERSE
Psalm 37:3-5
Trust in the LORD and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you your heart's desires.
Commit everything you do to the LORD.
Trust him, and he will help you.
Psalm 37:3-5

No comments: