Thursday, January 7, 2016

Lord, You Are My Treasure

Deuteronomy 14:2

"You have been set apart as holy to the Lord your God, and he has chosen you from all the nations of the earth to be his own special treasure."



Lord, one of the reasons you chose the nation of Israel and set them apart as holy was so they could be an example to us Gentiles of your love and grace and mercy. I am not that example to unbelievers.

Jesus, you are our ultimate example. Please help me to follow your example. You know that my sinful nature is constantly trying to get me to do what it wants instead. My sinful nature is always hostile to you, God. It never did obey your laws and it never will. (Romans 8:7) That's why I need to be so careful to listen only to your voice, Lord.

Lord, others are constantly watching me. They need to see something different in me.
They need to see the hope and joy I have in serving you.
Please help me to show that as I go about my day. Help me to be in constant conversation with you so that you can tell me what to say and how to say it. (John 12:49-50) Help me to be your ambassador to bring others to you!

Lord, I thank you and praise you for what you are doing in MyHero's life. I'm so thrilled to see him spending time in your word, praying, journaling, and memorizing scripture. I pray that you would use this to make him into the man YOU want him to be. I pray that our kids would see both of us doing this and how it is changing us and decide to try it as well.

I love you, Lord!! You are my special treasure! I love that by making me your treasure, you have become my Treasure! In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSE
Matthew 4:4
But Jesus told him, "No! The Scriptures say, 'People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.' "
Matthew 4:4

YEAR VERSE
Psalm 37:3-5
Trust in the LORD and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you your heart's desires.
Commit everything you do to the LORD.
Trust him, and he will help you.
Psalm 37:3-5

No comments: