Friday, January 15, 2016

Teach Me to Listen to Your Commands

Deuteronomy 22:9-11

"When you build a new house, you must build a railing around the edge of its flat roof. That way you will not be considered guilty of murder if someone falls from the roof. You must not plant any other crop between the rows of your vineyard. If you do, you are forbidden to use either the grapes from the vineyard or the other crop. You must not plow with an ox and a donkey harnessed together. You must not wear clothing made of wool and linen woven together."

Lord, when I read your word, many of the laws you gave to Israel seem so arbitrary. Many of them make no sense to my modern mind. But if I dig just a little deeper I will see that none of your laws are ever arbitrary or without good reason. Usually they are very practical and always they are intended for our protection.

When I read something in you word that makes no sense, help me to dig deeper to understand the reason you gave it in the first place.

Lord, you are perfect in all your ways! You are the Lord my God, who teaches me what is good for me and leads me along the paths I should follow. Teach me to listen to your commands! Then I will have peace flowing like a gentle river and righteousness rolling over me like waves in the sea. (Isaiah 48:17-18) In Jesus' name, amen. <3



MEMORY VERSE
Psalm 90:17
"May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us - yes, establish the work of our hands."
Psalm 90:17

YEAR VERSE
Psalm 37:3-5
Trust in the LORD and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you your heart's desires.
Commit everything you do to the LORD.
Trust him, and he will help you.
Psalm 37:3-5

No comments: