Friday, January 1, 2016

You Are My Daily Bread

Deuteronomy 8:3

"Yes, he humbled you by letting you go hungry and then feeding you with manna, a food previously unknown to you and your ancestors. He did it to teach you that people do not live by bread alone; rather, we live by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord."


Lord, help me to savor every word that comes from your mouth to me. I want to be like a baby bird with it's beak open wide, eager to receive what you have for me.

It's in my very nature to live only to satisfy my appetites; the appetites of my eyes, my stomach, and my pride. Lord, it is only with your help that I can ever learn to deny these fleshly desires.

Help me to feast on your word instead! It is the only thing that can ever truly satisfy the deepest longings of my soul.
Please help me to make this a year of feasting on your word. It is the one thing in this world that we can NEVER overindulge in.
I praise your glorious name! In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSE
Matthew 4:4
But Jesus told him, "No! The Scriptures say, 'People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.' "
Matthew 4:4

YEAR VERSE
Psalm 37:3-5
Trust in the LORD and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you your heart's desires.
Commit everything you do to the LORD.
Trust him, and he will help you.
Psalm 37:3-5

No comments: