Thursday, January 14, 2016

Lord, Give Me Super, Seeker Radar!

Luke 19:10

"For the Son of Man came to seek and save those who are lost."

Zacchaeus wanted to see Jesus. That is obvious from the text. I think what is less obvious is that he really wanted to KNOW Jesus.

Jesus had super, seeker radar and Zacchaeus was right in the center of it! Jesus knew that Zacchaeus was ready to hear the good news. He was ready to meet Jesus and have a relationship with him.



Jesus didn't pay attention to what the people thought. Verse 7 of Luke 19 says, "But the people were displeased. "He has gone to be the guest of a notorious sinner," they grumbled.

Lord, I want that kind of radar!! I want the Holy Spirit to point out to me, "This one! This person is ready to hear the gospel. Tell them about Jesus." I want to be so focused on following the Holy Spirit's leading that I don't worry about what anyone else thinks.

I want to be like the first servant in Jesus' parable who used what his master gave him to earn ten times the amount. I want to invest not only my money, but also my life in bringing people to Jesus! I want to introduce many, many Zacchaeus to Jesus! Lord, please help me to do this to honor you! Because I love you! In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSE
Psalm 90:17
"May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us - yes, establish the work of our hands."
Psalm 90:17

YEAR VERSE
Psalm 37:3-5
Trust in the LORD and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you your heart's desires.
Commit everything you do to the LORD.
Trust him, and he will help you.
Psalm 37:3-5

No comments: