Thursday, January 21, 2016

We Reap What We Sow

Deuteronomy 29:29

"The Lord our God has secrets known to no one. We are not accountable for them, but we and our children are accountable forever for all that he has revealed to us, so that we may obey all the terms of these instructions."


Lord, there is no way that we can know and understand all there is to know and understand about you. You are infinite and we are finite. However, you have told us more than enough so that we have no excuse not to follow and obey you. You even sent your only Son to die in our place so we can have a relationship with you! It is only our stubborn pride that keeps us blind and believing the lie that tells us, "I am save, even though I am following the desires of my own stubborn heart." Deuteronomy 29:29

Galatians 6:7-8
Don't be misled--you cannot mock the justice of God. You will always harvest what you plant. Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful nature will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature. But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit.

Lord, I want to live to please the Spirit not my sinful nature! I want to harvest the blessings you spoke of in Deuteronomy, not the curses. Holy Spirit, please empower me to live to please you. I can only do this with your help. If I try to do this in my own strength, I will always fail miserably. In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSE
2 Corinthians 10:3-5
We are human, but we don't wage war as humans do. We use God's mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments. We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ.
2 Corinthians 10:3-5

YEAR VERSE
Psalm 37:3-5
Trust in the LORD and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you your heart's desires.
Commit everything you do to the LORD.
Trust him, and he will help you.
Psalm 37:3-5

No comments: