Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Help Me to Be Wholehearted in Battle!

Deuteronomy 20:5-8

"Then the officers of the army must address the troops and say, 'Has anyone here just built a new house but not yet dedicated it? If so, you may go home! You might get killed in the battle, and someone else would dedicate your house. Has anyone here just planted a new vineyard but not yet eaten any of its fruit? If so, you may go home! You might die in battle, and someone else would eat the first fruit. Has anyone here just become engaged to a woman but not yet married her? Well, you may go home and get married! You might die in the battle, and someone else would marry her.' Then the officers will also say, 'Is anyone here afraid or worried? If you are, you may go home before you frighten anyone else.' "

Here it is again, Lord! You want us to be wholehearted in our commitment to you! We can't afford to let anything distract us from the battle at hand; not a new house, food, family, or even our own fears and worries. Help me to get past all that so I can do battle in prayer, Lord!!

Help me to remember that my fellow humans are not the enemy! This is a spiritual battle! 

For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.
Ephesians 6:12

We use God's mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments. We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ.
2 Corinthians 10:4-5

Teach me how to effectively use your weapons to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments. Teach me how to destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. Show me how to capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ. Lord, show me what this looks like. This is what I need in the face of the persecution I am getting from my Facebook post.

I know that it starts with knowing your word which is my sword. Staying in communication with you is also essential.

You just gave me a picture in my mind of soldiers in a war zone. They always stay in communication with their commanding officers. They get their marching orders from them so they MUST keep those channels open. 



It is the same between me and you, Lord. You are my chief C.O. I get my marching orders directly from you. Help me to always be listening for your voice to guide and direct me! I love you!! In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSE
Psalm 90:17
"May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us - yes, establish the work of our hands."
Psalm 90:17

YEAR VERSE
Psalm 37:3-5
Trust in the LORD and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you your heart's desires.
Commit everything you do to the LORD.
Trust him, and he will help you.
Psalm 37:3-5

No comments: